Microsoft Press has released to the public the full book “Visual Basic 2005 for Developers”.
This book covers the features of VB.NET 2005 as well as many of the features of Visual Studio 2005 and the .NET Framework 2.0.
This book is for Visual Basic developers. If you are a Visual Basic 6 developer, you should begin with Chapter 1, “Microsoft .NET Framework Primer for the Visual Basic Developer,” which will bring you up to speed on development for the .NET Framework. The remainder of the book covers the significant enhancements to Visual Basic that will make you more productive when developing applications.
If you are an existing .NET developer, you can skip Chapter 1 and jump right into Chapter 2, “Language Enhancements for Visual Basic 2005.”
The book is relatively short, with 8 chapters and about 250 pages. The chapters are:
1. Microsoft.NET Framework Primer for the Visual Basic Developer
2. Language Enhancements for Visual Basic 2005
3. Visual Studio 2005 Integrated Development Environment
4. Building Datacentric Applications
5. Constructing User Interfaces
6. Building Web Applications
7. Microsoft .NET Framework Enhancements
8. Deploying Applications
Read individual chapters or download the entire book Here.